litl Hiring Backend Engineer to join our Copley Square-based development team
The Woven team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Copley Square-based development team. We are the company that brought you the litl webbook, a computer that lets you enjoy the web without worrying about anything else and winner of numerous national and international awards. We’re now looking to bring multiple consumer photography applications to market.
You will work with our product teams to build a secure, robust, scalable backend platform for our mobile and web applications. You will have the opportunity of developing a robust backend architecture to manage massive amounts of data and leverage it to deliver a compelling experience to users. You will have the flexibility to both develop software as well as operate it in a large-scale environment. If you believe that development and operations work best when they work together, then this position is for you!
Skills & Requirements
- Experience developing web-based applications using Python and/or Flask
- Experience with Linux system administration and automation tools such as puppet, chef or cfengine
- Experience developing, tuning and administering NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Redis
- Excellent system-level design ability
- Experience building highly-available and scalable systems
- Ideally you have built systems-level tools and back-end infrastructureservices
- Experience with monitoring and alerting software such as nagios, zabbix, munin, cacti, etc.
- Production level experience using Rackspace Cloud and/or Amazon EC2 is desirable
- Strong understanding of load testing strategies and best practices
- Familiarity with git is desirable
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re a small technology company with big ideas. Located in Boston, we also have people in London, Brazil, the Greek Isles…you get the idea. Our 60 person team consists of software developers, hardware engineers, industrial designers, user experience experts, graphic designers, evangelists, logistics gurus, and top-notch customer support. An unlikely mix, perhaps, but what we have in common is passion for creating compelling user experiences. Our four-year pursuit has been continually fueled by enthusiasm and excitement about our diverse set of projects. The results are always simple, useful and delightful.