Film Fundraiser About Vertex Pharmaceutical
*From Startup to Billion-Dollar Biotech: An Inside Look at Vertex*
Monday August 8, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM EDT
Add to Calendar
*Mass Innovation Labs*
675 West Kendall Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
*What was it really like when a team of dedicated researchers and
entrepreneurs launched the biotech revolution in Cambridge? *
Find out first-hand from those who were there for a special panel featuring Rich Aldrich, former Chief Business Officer of Vertex and founding employee, Vicki Sato, Ph.D., the company’s former President and Chief Science Officer, and author Barry Werth!
Join us at this fundraiser to support indie filmmakers Yael Beals, Mark
Rennella, Jim Gallant who will bring the book *The Billion Dollar Molecule* to the big screen.
Our panel includes:
– Barry Werth, author of the books *The Billion Dollar Molecule* and *The
– Vicki Sato, Ph.D., Professor of Management at Harvard Business School
– Rich Aldrich, co-founder and Partner of Longwood Fund
– Barret Bready, M.D., CEO of Nabsys, moderator
Photos donated by Wally Gilbert, Ph.D., Nobel Laureate and Professor
Emeritus at Harvard University
will be displayed and auctioned too.
– Q & A with Sato, Aldrich and Werth, on the birth of the biotech
industry as told in Werth’s book *The Billion Dollar Molecule*
– Filmmakers Yael Beals, Mark Rennella and Jim Gallant will discuss the making of *The Billion Dollar Molecule* into a major feature film
– Silent auction of select photos by Wally Gilbert
– All proceeds go to the funding of the film
*Learn more about this event here.