Massachusetts 5th Best State for Working Moms
Massachusetts Is the 5th Best State for Working Moms
Solo moms with young children constituting nearly three-quarters of all working women, the personal-finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2016’s Best & Worst States for Working Moms.
In order to help ease the burden on an underappreciated segment of the population, WalletHub’s analysts compared the attractiveness of each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia to a working mother. We did so using 13 key metrics such as median women’s salary, female unemployment rate and day-care quality.
Life as a Working Mom in Massachusetts (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 17th – Day-Care Quality
- 4th – Access to Pediatric Services
- 15th – Gender Pay Gap (Women’s Earnings as % of Men’s)
- 21st – Ratio of Female Executives to Male Executives
- 21st – Female Unemployment Rate
- 16th – Parental Leave Policy
- 7th – Length of Average Woman’s Workday
- 11th – % of Single-Mom Families in Poverty
For the full report, please visit here.