P/T Job: Professional Organizer in Training
Living Peace is a professional organizing company specializing in residential and small office organizing services. This thirteen-year old company (based in Arlington, MA) is in a period of growth, and you could contribute at a fundamental level to that future.
This position offers flexible hours. The hourly commitment will vary from week to week, but for the right candidate the hours will certainly increase over time.
This position will include 6 months of EXTENSIVE training in professional organizing skills and techniques. Training time will be will begin on a contractor basis for first 3 months after which final hiring decisions will be made.
Position responsibilities would include:
• Identify organizing systems needed in various client situations and ability to recognize zones of activity (Space Planning)
• Guide clients hands-on through implementing the organizing process- Sort, Purge, Assign Homes, Containerize, Equalize
• Teach basic organizing skills
• Negotiate differing needs and opinions amongst members of a household
• Recognize & support the pace set by the client And definitely
• Establish sustainable organizing systems in many areas o Kitchens/Pantries o Clothing and Storage Closets o Bedrooms o Bathrooms o Living/Family Rooms/ Dens o Kids’/Teens’ Rooms o Basements/Garages/Attics/ Sheds/Storage Areas o Home Offices/Household Management Workspaces o Filing Systems/Household Paperwork Systems o Basic Electronic Organizing o Family Calendaring/Activity Charts o Hobby/Craft/Gift Wrapping Areas
Traits of the right person:
• Learner Attitude—Our clients are the experts in their lives; we have to learn and help them make it even better.
• Sense of compassion and understanding for others—Our clients are overwhelmed; they need compassion and understanding first. • Ability to impact and motivate others toward change
• Extremely organized- remember this is a professional organizing company!
• Customer service focus
• Impeccable integrity and personal background
• Active listening abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills • Versatility and resourcefulness
• Ability to lift 30+ lbs. – This is a physical job, not just consulting. Be prepared to get dirty and make change happen
• A good sense of humor and desire to have fun At Living Peace, we focus on a holistic, whole life approach to our work which starts with a sense of honor: for the person, for the process, and for the situation.
A compassionate and nonjudgmental approach is paramount for our client services, and we are looking for organizers who can exude a confident, comfortable, professional, vibrant, capable, and healthy persona. If this sounds like you, then we look forward to reviewing your application.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and consistent access to a car in order to work at client locations around the Greater Boston Metro Area.
TO APPLY: Email the following to Hiring@Living-Peace.com by SUNDAY, JULY 31, 2016: 1. Your resume 2. A cover letter explaining why you are both interested and qualified for the position 3. If you could do anything in the world, what would it be? – give us the creative answer, your ideal vision.