Texting and Social Networking: What’s a Parent To Do?
“” F.A. Day PTO Co-Sponsored Event at Bigelow Middle School
Wednesday, April 13 from 7 pm – 9 pm
Day PTO, along with Bigelow Middle School, Cabot Elementary School, and Underwood Elementary School PTOs will co-host Joani Geltman, MSW Child Development and Parenting Expert, and Author of A Survival Guide to Parenting Teens.
* Understand how the “emotional brain” of a teen gets “turned on” by social networking
* Understand how the “Imaginary Audience” influences your teen’s performing on social media
* Learn which apps are safe and unsafe
* Learn strategies to monitor and set limits around phone and internet use
* Learn how your own behavior with phones and computers can positively and negatively influence your teen
This talk will be held in the Bigelow Middle School Auditorium.