File a Complaint on a Cop

Newton Police: You’ve Got the Right to File a Complaint on a Cop

Once a year, Newton Police Department, in compliance with national accreditation standards, reminds citizens of their right to file citizen complaints.

File a Complaint on a Cop

Complaints against police officers may be made verbally or in writing. Confidentiality will be insured.

Complaints in writing may be hand delivered to a superior officer at the Newton Police Department, or mailed to Chief MacDonald at 1321 Washington Street Newton, Ma. 02465.

Citizens are also encouraged to commend police personnel verbally, in writing or in person. Compliments and commendations are copied to the personnel files of individual officers. All members of the Newton community are encouraged to call Newton Police Headquarters at (617) 796-2100.

Leave A Comment