Great Yoga Class in Newton
Yoga in Newton
I recently discovered a great unheated Vinyasa yoga class in Newton at The Windsor Club taught by Dawn Davis. I had been taking yoga for years from my dear friend Bea Abascal of Hola Yoga. Alas, she is on hiatus right now so I went searching for something similar. My mom friend Katherine told me about her friend Dawn who taught a yoga class in Waban.
Small world. Dawn trained up Coeli Marsh with my friend Bea so, of course, they are friends and their teaching styles are similar. I took many, many classes with Coeli when she taught at Inner Strength. I think she’s wonderful. I also like Claire and Rebecca if that helps you yogis decide if we like the same style of yoga instruction!
Two of my yogi mom friends who have been going to Bea’s class came to try out Dawn’s class. Our assessment: she’s perfect. We like her flow. It’s slow but challenging. There’s lots of core work.
We like her message. It’s not too new age-y but she’s also inspirational.
We like the space. The Windsor Club’s room is HUGE and she only allows about 30 people so there is about a one foot perimeter around your yoga mat. There is also plenty of free parking.
She just added a second class on Fridays!
- Location: The Windsor Club in Waban
- Time: 9:30 – 10:30 am
- Day: Wednesdays
- Cost: $15 drop in, first class free.
- Sign up: email her first to reserve your spot. email@example.com. If you end up not going, you don’t have to pay. It’s just a headcount for her. She doesn’t like the room to be too full. We get at least 1 foot around the yoga mat for breathing space!
- Yoga Style: Unheated Vinyasa
- Difficulty Level: For all levels. The flow is slow but the poses are held for a decent length (read: burning muscles!). Lots of core work too!
See you on the mat!